|Online Course Type:
Online Continuing Education Course - Advanced Acupuncture Techniques To Treat Mental Disorders
5 CEU/PDA hours approved by the Florida Board of Acupuncture and the NCCAOM
CEU credits/Florida Board of Acupuncture Category: 5 Hours - General
PDA Points/NCCAOM Re-certification Category:
5 Hours - AOM-BIO (AOM-Biomedicine)
Completed Course Credits uploaded NIGHTLY
during the following time period
February 5 - March 1, 2018
- OR SOONER! - automatic uploads of all course completions occur each Wednesday @ 2 a.m., and daily during last 2 weeks of renewal period, or by request
Advanced Acupuncture to Treat Mental-Emotional Disorders:
The course brings an understanding of Mental and Emotional Disorders and their treatment, as described in the Ancient Texts. It is based on the Ling Shu and the Su Wen - as translated by Nguyen Van Nghi MD and Tran Viet Dzung MD. The information presented covers the pathology and treatment of the emotions and the various pathways of destabilization, with particular emphasis on the Law of Five Movements. Valuable extraordinary points and needling techniques for advanced acupuncture treatment of these disorders are also described.
* learn advanced acupuncture understandings regarding Mental/Emotional Disorders from the perspective of the Ling Shu and Su Wen
* increase diagnostic skills and the ability to correctly treat such disorders
* learn advanced acupuncture techniques, extraordinary points and needling/moxa techniques to support patients with these issues
Approved for 5 CEUs/PDAs by NCCAOM and the Florida Board of Acupuncture.
Elective course to maintain Florida licensure
Approved by the Florida Board of Acupuncture
to meet the continuing education requirement of Acupuncture Physicians for biennial licensure, and the NCCAOM for re-certification.
As a condition of the biennial renewal of a license, each licensee shall complete a minimum of 30 credit hours per biennium of continuing education that meets the requirements of Section 457.107, Florida Statutes.
Approved by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
This online course includes:
- The online Continuing Education Course, giving 5 continuing Education Units (CEUs)/NCCAOM PDAs
- The online examination and correction of the Continuing Education Course
- A printable certificate attesting the completion of the course, and an email with a link to the printable certificate to save for future availability
- The submission of the results and of the Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to the Florida Acupuncture Board via cebroker.com, if FL license number is available.